Woweeee, March already, can’t quite believe it! I hope you are all having a brilliant start to 2017 and are enjoying this Spring weather (thank the heavens). 2017 for me hasn’t started off great with my Grampa passing and boyfriend going away for 6 months for work. Determined to keep the positive vibes strong though!
Also, apologies for the radio silence on the blog, if I am being honest it’s been a right old struggle making the time to post regularly, mainly due to the fact I am a one woman band and have to juggle lots of different things at once. Not to fear though, I have decided to actively make more effort in writing good content for my blog, as after all it’s fun to do and I have had a positive response from you lovely lot in the past with all your comments (thanks guys!).
Some musings as of late…
1// Broadchurch is back. YAY! I’m sure “MillAR” isn’t too amused to be working alongside her grouchy partner in crime, but we all are!
2// I am really wanting to knuckle down and make some new art and possibly branch out with some new product launches. At the moment I am just trying to spend more time with pen to paper. ALTHOUGH, I am super keen to treat myself to an iPad Pro + Pen, I think my world would be turned upside down If I got one. This guy is insane! Should I, shouldn’t I? What’s your experience?
3// Currently enjoying #marchmeetthemaker challenge over on Instagram, started by Joanne Hawker as a way of getting to know the person behind the brand and get a behind the scenes glimpse. You have to post a picture everyday according to a theme e.g ‘workspace’, ‘how it’s made’, ‘post/mail’. Here are some of my pictures below…
So that’s it for now, but I need your help! What blog posts would you like to be reading on my blog??
Hey lovelies, so my blog is quite new and I thought this was a good way to get to know me a bit better, here’s 50 random facts about me….
- I am 27 years old, my birthday is October the 15th
- My favourite drink at the moment is iced water with cucumber slices
- I live in a market town called Alnwick, in Northumberland
- I am going to be moving back to Aberdeen, Scotland after Summer though!
- I am a jewellery and print/card designer and sell my work in my online shops and other platforms like Notonthehighstreet.com and Etsy
- I also sell my work in independent shops and galleries in the UK, USA, Australia, Sweden, Finland, Germany, Ibiza, Italy and New Zealand
- I work from home in the spare room, it’s great I love it! It’s a bit small but it does the job
- The best part on my job is designing new products and coming up with new ideas
- The worst part of my job is doing accounts…snore!
- My jewellery has been featured on Buzzfeed 4 times woop!
- I workout at a Crossfit gym, it’s awesome and I will miss it when I move.
- I managed to deadlift 70kg a few weeks back
- I don’t really enjoy exercise, I just do it because it’s good for your health and I used to never work out
- I try to workout 3 times a week
- I have a major sweet tooth and The Hummingbird Bakery oatmeal pancakes are my guilty pleasure
- I am a huge Craig David fan, I went to see him when I was 17 in Manchester and it was the best gig ever…I really need to see him again
- I have an older brother who is a former Royal Marines Commando and has served in Iraq and Afghanistan
- I have a niece, Isla who is 6 and nephew, Alistair who is 7
- I have a boyfriend called Andrew, he is my best friend and we have together for around 7 years
- He has been in the RAF for the past 3 years
- His first posting was in Boulmer so that’s why we moved to Alnwick as it’s close by, but he is now based near Rutland so we are in a long distance relationship
- Me and my boyfriend try to get away abroad as much as we can, outside the UK we’ve been to: Venice, Rome, Frankfurt, Thailand (Koh Samui, Bangkok, Chiang Mai) , Turkey (Bodrum) and are booked to go to Berlin in August!
- I went to Art School in Aberdeen and graduated with a 2:1 degree in Fine Art
- I have worked in Monsoon, Cineworld and also worked as a care worker and cleaner in the past
- I enjoy watching trash TV like the Real Housewives of Cheshire and New York
- I also love watching youtube vloggers-Viviannadoesmakeup, Lydia Elise Millen, HelloOctoberxo are my favourite.
- My favourite place I have visited is Thailand, it’s beautiful, hot, the people are SO friendly and everything is really cheap.
- My favourite tourist sight I have visited is the Colosseum in Rome
- My favourite Actor is Leonardo DiCaprio of course
- My favourite Actress is Glenn Close
- The best TV series I have watched is Damages on Netflix
- The best documentary I have watched is The Cove and Dear Zachary: A letter to a Son about his Father . Prepare to cry!
- I don’t drink alcohol much on a day to day basis, I enjoy it when I go out with friends or for a party though.
- I like drinking cocktails, Mai Tai and French Martini’s are my favourite ones
- I want to get a Dachshund so much, I have put my name on a waiting list for the breeder I want, eek.
- I love animals: dogs, elephants, pandas, orangutang, sloths, penguins and cockatoos are my favourite
- I am a bridesmaid for my best friend’s wedding, she will be getting married in November
- I am making her wedding invites
- My parents have a pet parrot, an African Grey called Rocco
- My favourite flavour of ice cream is salted caramel
Woweeee that was a lot, hope you enjoyed getting to know me a bit better! Feel free to let me know some of facts about you in the comments 🙂