Hey lovelies, so my blog is quite new and I thought this was a good way to get to know me a bit better, here’s 50 random facts about me….
- I am 27 years old, my birthday is October the 15th
- My favourite drink at the moment is iced water with cucumber slices
- I live in a market town called Alnwick, in Northumberland
- I am going to be moving back to Aberdeen, Scotland after Summer though!
- I am a jewellery and print/card designer and sell my work in my online shops and other platforms like Notonthehighstreet.com and Etsy
- I also sell my work in independent shops and galleries in the UK, USA, Australia, Sweden, Finland, Germany, Ibiza, Italy and New Zealand
- I work from home in the spare room, it’s great I love it! It’s a bit small but it does the job
- The best part on my job is designing new products and coming up with new ideas
- The worst part of my job is doing accounts…snore!
- My jewellery has been featured on Buzzfeed 4 times woop!
- I workout at a Crossfit gym, it’s awesome and I will miss it when I move.
- I managed to deadlift 70kg a few weeks back
- I don’t really enjoy exercise, I just do it because it’s good for your health and I used to never work out
- I try to workout 3 times a week
- I have a major sweet tooth and The Hummingbird Bakery oatmeal pancakes are my guilty pleasure
- I am a huge Craig David fan, I went to see him when I was 17 in Manchester and it was the best gig ever…I really need to see him again
- I have an older brother who is a former Royal Marines Commando and has served in Iraq and Afghanistan
- I have a niece, Isla who is 6 and nephew, Alistair who is 7
- I have a boyfriend called Andrew, he is my best friend and we have together for around 7 years
- He has been in the RAF for the past 3 years
- His first posting was in Boulmer so that’s why we moved to Alnwick as it’s close by, but he is now based near Rutland so we are in a long distance relationship
- Me and my boyfriend try to get away abroad as much as we can, outside the UK we’ve been to: Venice, Rome, Frankfurt, Thailand (Koh Samui, Bangkok, Chiang Mai) , Turkey (Bodrum) and are booked to go to Berlin in August!
- I went to Art School in Aberdeen and graduated with a 2:1 degree in Fine Art
- I have worked in Monsoon, Cineworld and also worked as a care worker and cleaner in the past
- I enjoy watching trash TV like the Real Housewives of Cheshire and New York
- I also love watching youtube vloggers-Viviannadoesmakeup, Lydia Elise Millen, HelloOctoberxo are my favourite.
- My favourite place I have visited is Thailand, it’s beautiful, hot, the people are SO friendly and everything is really cheap.
- My favourite tourist sight I have visited is the Colosseum in Rome
- My favourite Actor is Leonardo DiCaprio of course
- My favourite Actress is Glenn Close
- The best TV series I have watched is Damages on Netflix
- The best documentary I have watched is The Cove and Dear Zachary: A letter to a Son about his Father . Prepare to cry!
- I don’t drink alcohol much on a day to day basis, I enjoy it when I go out with friends or for a party though.
- I like drinking cocktails, Mai Tai and French Martini’s are my favourite ones
- I want to get a Dachshund so much, I have put my name on a waiting list for the breeder I want, eek.
- I love animals: dogs, elephants, pandas, orangutang, sloths, penguins and cockatoos are my favourite
- I am a bridesmaid for my best friend’s wedding, she will be getting married in November
- I am making her wedding invites
- My parents have a pet parrot, an African Grey called Rocco
- My favourite flavour of ice cream is salted caramel
Woweeee that was a lot, hope you enjoyed getting to know me a bit better! Feel free to let me know some of facts about you in the comments 🙂
1.It’s May which means it’s time for the annual National Stationery Show held in New York (also referred to as NSS). It’s so much fun looking at all the pictures of the trade booths and stationery goodness from across the pond. It’s so inspirational to see what’s going on in the industry right now and I find myself happily scrolling through all the images on Instagram via the hashtag #nss2016. Some of the images that tickle my fancy are shown below.(Photo credit:Hello Lucky Cards// Yellow Owl Workshop// Katie Leamon// Blushing Confetti// Fox & Fallow)
2. Another trade show happening in this week is Pulse, in London! I exhibited here last year, read my experience here. Unfortunately I amn’t exhibiting this year as the dates weren’t right for me, hopefully next year though! It’s fun seeing other designers’ stands and I am forever impressed by the amount of talent out there! Try searching for the hashtag #pulse2016 and #pulselondon on Instagram to see what I am talking about! Here are some of my favourite pictures:
(Photo credits: Paper Moon Illustration// Scout Editions// Ohh Deer// Noodoll// Nikki Strange)
3. I’ve had a bit of designer’s block so far this year, after the madness of Christmas and January I felt like I just needed a good break and have only just found my inspiration in designing again! I am only human after all and I’m not always on top form all the time, sometimes you just need a reminder of why you started designing in the first place and I definitely have found my spark again!
I am working on a new greeting card range for S/S 2017, I have been finding inspiration in all the eye-catching summer colours on Pinterest. Have a look at my Colour Inspo board! Totally loving these two bird images (parakeet and pink spoonbill bird) How gorgeous are those colours!?
4. Now onto one of my favourite subjects…FOOD. I am still loving these oatmeal pancakes from the Hummingbird Bakery ‘Life is Sweet’ baking book. These are a serious addiction of mine, I have these pretty much weekly! I add chopped bananas onto them when they are cooking and serve with warm maple syrup…they are my favourite sweet treat of all time!
5. To get me in the mood for summer I’ve been loving the Totally Tropical House playlist on Spotify whilst making my jewellery! It reminds me of my amazing holiday to Thailand last Summer, drinking cocktails on the beach in this amazing bar called CoCo Tam’s on the island of Koh Samui…lush!!
What have you been loving recently?
1. My new print from Bookishly! Me and my boyfriend Andrew are in the process of revamping our wall art and we came across this amazing book art which features the Shakespeare quote “I like this place and willingly could waste my time in it” which is so very apt for us! It came framed ready to be hung, and it’s quite small and lightweight so it’s perfect for popping on the wall. We will definitely need to get some more as there are so many others I want.
2. Candy Pop blog! Natasha has the loveliest blog ever, a lifestyle blog full of the prettiest pictures. Her most recent post is 10 things to do in Vienna….totally want to jet off to Vienna now, it looks lovely, I have always wanted to go 🙂 She was kind enough to photograph my “Wild and Free” print and share it on her instagram, how lovely, I can never take pretty photographs like she does!
3. The Fall on Netflix. I’ve just started watching this and so far i’m loving it already. It’s a crime thriller set in Belfast about a serial killer who is living a double life as a family man. Here is the plot summary from IMBD:
“A psychological thriller that examines the lives of two hunters. One is a serial killer who stalks his victims in and around Belfast and the other is a talented Detective Superintendent from the MET who is brought in to catch him.”
Pretty riveting stuff so i’m giving it the thumbs up this week.
4. My new koala necklace! Been wearing this little guy everywhere recently, he’s one of my favourites from my new collection as I just ADORE koalas….they’re just insanely cute! My dream is to hug one in Australia *one day*. I watched the BBC program called Natures Miracle Orphans a while back and it is the best show ever!! Baby koalas, sloths, wombats…the best entertainment ever. *so cute*.
5. Orange Chocolate Digestives. Need I say more?! They’re back guys and if you haven’t tried them yet, get your butts down to the shops and give them a go. They are heaven!!
What are you loving this week?